I decided that I needed to upgrade Thazara’s gear. I wanted the blue dragonscale armour, which would lose me all the stuff on the +8 cha spidersilk robes, and I had to figure out how to reslot it. After working on it a bit, here’s my current set up:
- Head: ee Helm of the Blue Dragon (Insightful Charisma +3), slotted vitality (+ 20 hp)
- Neck: Symbol of the Shining Sun (before buffing)/ Pendant of the Stormreaver or Torc
- Trinket: Greater Cunning trinket (before buffing)/ ee Kardin’s Eye/ ee Shamanic Fetish, slotted evocation +2/ pale lavender ioun stone
- Cloak: min 2, heavy fort, +45 hp gs cloak
- Belt: Belt of the Sun Soul
- Gloves: Purple Dragon Gauntlets
- Goggles: con op, blindness immunity, +150 sp gs goggles
- Armour: Flawless Blue Dragonscale Robe, slotted superior? false life (+35 hp)
- Bracers: ee Manacles of Ceaseless Toil, slotted Globe of True Imperial Blood
- Boots: ee Treads of Falling Shadow/ Cannith Boots of Propulsion
- Ring 1 (always wearing): Seal of House Szind (+7 cha)
- Ring 2 (swap): ee Ring of Shadows/ Ring of Djinn/ Epic Ring of the Buccaneer
- Shield: Epic Swashbuckler (Tier 3), slotted prr +14
- Main hand: Balizarde, Protector of the King tier 4, slotted devotion +114/ Braisingstar/gs cold absprb or electricity absorb sceptr
If I get the healer gauntlets from FoT, I can slot something else than devotion on the balizarde, but other than that I am pretty happy with the current gear set up. I would not recommend for anyone to build and gear a toon like Thazara. She is neither a healbot not battle bot. She’s not the best dps or the best at anything really. It’s all about how you play. She’s the factotum. I wanted her to be one. She is mostly caster and healer, but she’s always been meleing to save mana, and her shield makes foes dazed. I wanted to be able to do the needed role in a group, heal if I have to, do dps when I can, and tank. I actually enjoy tanking, especially Stormreaver or the shadows in ToD. Tree form has given me more dps, and I can now do ee dps on her, or prep the Stormreaver by myself. But as she is a caster build, she does not do as much damage in tree form as a melee toon would. But as she is my baby, I refuse to rebuild her. I can make other toons, or other builds on other toons, but I like Thaz as she is, and I will only change gear and enhancements, I will not LR or TR.
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.
P.S. I do get asked, why do I continue using the buckler, why do I use robes, etc. Well, the buckler and robes work for me. Thaz is light on her feet, the buckler is always on, even if I equip a scroll, and except for ee mobs whacking at me with swords and shields, I usually do ok. When it comes to ee, I like running with ee casters who can either cc the mobs, or just slow them down by kiting them through acid fog. By myself, I have troubles surviving, as the mobs hit me too hard.
P.P.S As the game seems down as I’m writing this, I was unable to snap a new pic of Thaz, but she looks about the same as she did using her level 14 blue dragonscale robe